You are not alone!
Contrary to popular belief, your girl's best friends are your best ally. With their help, you can avoid things like prolonged fights, bad gifts, and you can reclaim your Guys' Night. As always, let's take a look into what not to do.
Scooter and I were dating. Since Scooter was picked by my friends for me to date I thought I would finally have their approval. So wrong! Little did I know Scooter had talked to my girls after we started dating (Cat will represent one of my friends). The conversation apparently went something like this:
Scooter: Hey Cat
Cat: Hi Scooter! How was the movie last night? I heard you took Lily out to see Kick Ass. :)
Scooter: Yes, it was good. I wish you could have been there.
Cat: ... Why?
Scooter: Because before I started dating Lily, I liked you.
Cat: Don't ever speak to me again.
I do have some of the best girl friends in the world <3. Needless to say, every chance my friends got they bashed the heck out of him (only they never told me why so I was a bit confused). Eventually, I broke up with Scooter (after much encouragement from my girls). Men, do not be a Scooter. EVER!
What you should have said:
Your girls friends can be your allies behind the enemy lines. To ensure their approval, follow Robin's new guy's example. We will call him Kevin.
On sweetest day (because any chance to show your girl you care IS a holiday), Kevin brought Robin over a piece of her favorite cheesecake, a card, and a case of Yoohoo. He secretly messaged me on Facebook and asked if I would assist him in surprising her with these thoughtful presents. I agreed, of course! When Kevin brought over the goods on our secret mission day, he also had brought me a piece of cake for helping him surprise Robin (my approval can be bought with chocolate). Ever since, I have been Kevin's ally. When they have an argument or when she needs assurance, I am there. I will be there to listen to Robin, but I'm also there to remind her what a great guy Kevin is and will put her mind at ease.
Needless to say, her friends can make your life a lot easier!
Don't know what to get your girl for her birthday? Ask her friends :)
Don't know how to tell your girl you need some guy time? Set up a girls' night :)
So men, stalk up on chocolate and get ready to impress your girl and your new best friends. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment