Coming back from the first post, there are those rare cases where the situation is reversed. Let me explain with a fun piece of autobiography...
Marshall came to pick me up for our anniversary date one fall night. In preparation for our date I put on a black dress. It was modest and a bit boxy to hide my figure since it showed so much leg. Seeing the opportunity, I threw on adorable pantyhose with a triangular pattern that gave the outfit some sex appeal. I was so proud of my fashion-inept self for being a little more adventurous. The looks and compliments I got on my way to Marshall's car made me feel invincible. Stepping out of the door my hair blew back in the wind and I smiled towards Marshall's car and started strutting over.
Stepping in the car, I look at Marshall only to get the response, "Why are you wearing that?" ...
What you should have said:
Men, if your girl is wearing something you find questionable you can talk to her about it, but you have to do this very carefully. A woman is her own worst critic so it is not your job to judge her. Don't poke the sleeping bear with a stick! Follow this advice instead:
Too Sexy:
Use the sandwich method to work it out: compliment, tell the truth, and compliment again. For example, say "Wow, you look so sexy in that. I don't think I feel comfortable with all these guys staring at you though. Could you put on a jacket and then we'll put some good use to that outfit tonight when we're alone." This way your girl still feels desirable, but understands your point of view as well. The best part? You'll have a more conservative girlfriend in public, but she'll want to surprise you more often when you're alone. ;)
Too Casual:
After being with your girl for a while you may both start to feel a little lazy regarding physical appearance. It happens to us all. There are some girls who find it more convenient to wear sweat pants instead of the skinny jeans she wore when you first met. If you need a solution to get her interest again you have a ton of options. I recommend the following solution: plan a romantic evening. You can buy a new dress for her and lay it out or you could even grab something from her closet. Pull a move from the movies and leave a note telling her where you will be taking her and what time. Flowers to go along with this are a nice option but are not necessary. When you pick her up for your date and she's all dressed up, tell her how it reminds you of when you first fell in love with her- use positive truths and give your relationship a fresh new start. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment